We love the Coravin product, and we added it to our store because it's a product some of our Merchant of Wine customers needed. Virtual wine tastings + Coravin are a match made in heaven because you can taste a small portion of several wines during the tasting while still preserving the rest of the bottle for later.
However, deciding which model to buy can be difficult so we are here to help you decide with YouTube reviews of each model!
The bottom line is that Coravin delivers the ultimate in wine preservation.
Find out which model is right for you by checking out our YouTube videos reviewing the Coravin wine preservation systems below:
Pros and Cons of the Coravin Wine Preservation System
Pro of the Coravin Wine Preservation Systems:
- It works (with proper use) and you can pull wine from a bottle and have very little depreciation over a period of months.
- Taste anything you want, whenever you want.
- You can now use the screw cap closure which works very well, the Champagne unit, or tap a traditional cork.
- The units are well engineered and made with quality. They will last for years with proper handling.
Cons of the Coravin Wine Preservation Systems:
- It works (with proper use) but there are a few pit falls to avoid.
- You must clean the needle between bottles (or risk contamination).
- You must fill the needle with gas before sticking it into the bottle (or risk oxidizing).
- The cost of unit and gas usage can be considerable.
- The needles do break if you enter without a level surface and elegant approach (no muscle should be needed).
- Entering the cork more than once can create more issues, and should be part of your expectations for faster depreciation.
- I consider opening the bottle when 1/2 of the bottle has been pulled or if you have entered the bottle more than 3x's.
If you have questions about the Coravin Wine Preservation System we would love to help you! Email us at email@example.com and we can help advise which system is best for your needs.