We don't really need a reason to open a great bottle of wine. However, it can be fun to mark these dates on your calendar and find a special bottle to open to celebrate the day. Why not grab a great bottle, find a recipe that pairs well with that varietal, and invite some friends over? It's 2022 and things are looking up.
National and International Wine Days in 2022
There are lots of great reasons to drink wine all year long, and this calendar will give you a few more. Consider checking out Merchant of Wine to find wines to celebrate each of these days.
- February 18th is National Drink Wine Day
- March 13th is National Riesling Day
- April 17th is International Malbec Day
- April 24th is National Sauvignon Blanc Day
- May 9th is National Moscato Day
- May 17th is Pinot Grigio Day
- May 25th National Wine Day (pick your favorite!)
- May 27th is National Chardonnay Day
- June 11th is Rosé Day
- June 20th is Drink Chenin Blanc Day
- July 25th is Wine and Cheese Day
- August 1st is Albarino Day
- August 4th is National White Wine Day
- August 18th is Pinot Noir Day
- August 28th is National Red Wine Day
- September 3rd is National Cabernet Sauvignon Day
- September 11th is International Grenache Day
- October 15th is National Champagne Day 🍾
- November 7th is Merlot Day
- November 12th is Tempranillo Day
- November 17th is National Zinfandel Day
- December 4th is Cabernet Franc Day
- December 5th is Prohibition Repeal Day (not really a wine holiday but worth celebrating!
Let us know in the comments how you will celebrate the National and International wine days in 2022!