July 18th - Zoom Into Wine: Spanish Reds w/ John Bauccio feat. R. López de Heredia
Zoom Into Wine is a new, FREE online tasting experience hosted by wine expert and educator Ian Blackburn and sponsored by ZIPLY™ and MerchantofWine.com
This Online Tasting is on Saturday, July 18th at 7pm
Deadlines to join this ZOOM
Sign up : 24 hours before
Optional wine kit: 48 hours before
Join us for free as we get to know a little more about Spanish red wines with host Ian Blackburn and special guest John Bauccio. We'll be taking a deep dive into 3 different Spanish reds! A great old vine Spanish Garnacha, and two different Riojas from world famous R. López de Heredia! Learn how the wines were made, get behind the scenes information, ideas and influences. Each week we will learn the stories of the different wines, the brands, the grape, the history, the insights.
JOHN BACCIO - WINE EDUCATOR
John’s love of wine began in his food obsessed Italian-American family, where he never knew a time when wine wasn’t on the dinner table. After a career path that included the music business and working in nearly every type of restaurant job, John graduated from The California Culinary Academy in San Francisco. His formal wine training began at Robert Mondavi Winery where he rose to the level of Senior Wine Educator and specialized in teaching both the public and the restaurant/retail wine trade about wine and food. After Mondavi, John worked as a buyer at San Francisco’s famed Ferry Plaza Wine Merchant. Eventually moved back to Los Angeles, where he has worked in restaurants as a wine director and staff educator. In addition to teaching wine in the culinary program at a local community college, John proudly represents WineWise and their devoted European wine producers.
$75 ZOOM Wine Kit includes:
- 1 bottle of great old vine Spanish Garnacha!
- 2 different 2-oz tastings of R. López De Heredia
- Special offers for future purchases of the wine
- Additional information about future tastings
- And other surprises that we may slip into the box
- Free Delivery** thanks to ZIPLY™
Why Zoom Into Wine?
At WineLA we have hosted wine tastings and educational seminars for over 20 years. While we are not able to get together and toast in person at this time, we've innovated to continue our mission in cultivating and sharing the wine lifestyle.
It's raw, unedited, un-produced, but well practiced and personal. I can’t promise I won’t go political …can’t promise I won’t get drunk…I can’t promise the wines are going to be the best you’ve ever had...but they will be really good!!! I can promise to be 100% authentic, to tell the story of the wine, and to share my passion and knowledge with you.
Each Zoom Into Wine experience is distinctly different. Some will have a large number of bottles, some will have special guests! A distinct story told with every wine along with a few laughs and some industry insights, then around minute 45…IT’S THE NO RULES ZONE! The planned portion of the experience concludes and who knows what we'll be talking about, but wine will influence the discussion and direction.
DON’T WAIT! Wines may sell out, while supplies last!!
How do you join?
*It is FREE to participate but you must sign up (below) 24-hours in advance!
*Optional Wine Kit MUST be purchased 48 hours prior to be delivered before the tasting date.
*Once you have signed up, details and access codes will be distributed via email
ZOOM INTO WINE™ ONLINE TASTING EXPERIENCE:
- 7 PM Prompt Start - ZOOM website unique access directions will be delivered via email after you sign up.
- Anticipated Duration: approximately 45 minutes to 60 minutes
WINE KIT PURCHASE:
- We reserve the right to adjust wines without advance notice
- Must be an Adult 21-yrs of age and older to purchase
- **FREE DELIVERY within 25 miles radius of 90012
- $20 Shipping within CA outside of 25 miles radius
- $50 Shipping outside of CA, within the contiguous 48 states - no promise to deliver in time for the tasting, but you may taste the wines later at your leisure… we aim to ship wine ASAP!
*All sales and purchases are final, no refunds, credits, or returns.
*Must be 21 or over to participate