The sauvage oil, on the other hand, is made uniquely from an ancient Corsican variety of olive called Sabine that is now largely extinct. It is boldly herbaceous and floral, loaded with the aromas and flavors of the wild maquis growing all over Corsica. This is Corsica’s truest olive oil, and a fitting tribute to this beautifully sauvage island. The best restaurants of Corsica hog most of it.
A super premium EVOO from the beautiful island of Corsica. Layers of flavor, fruit and spice.
- This producer has long been thought to be the best in CORSE, France - we purchase directly from the importer Kermit Lynch.
- Made from indigenous Corsican olive varieties
- Olives harvested in November, December, and January
- Fresh olives are quickly brought to the mill and are gently pressed to keep the full aromas and freshness intact
- It takes 15 to 33 lbs of olives to make one liter of Marquiliani olive oil
- Cold pressed and stored at 16° C for 2 to 3 months
- Decanted naturally
- No chemical treatments
- From a tiny mill in Corsica’s eastern mountains, Douce is soft and tender; Sauvage is wildly peppery and herbaceous.
Product size: 500ml